Friday 8 January 2010

Power Ballad Day!

Today is Power Ballad Day, being a little under-prepared (I need to start planning in advance for these days!) I decided to acknowledge and celebrate the day by using as many power ballad song titles and lyrics as possible in conversation etc throughout the day. This proved quite difficult as the continuing weather issues and resulting reduced workforce has impacted on the opportunity to have conversations, however this did provide opportunity to use 'With or without you', 'Here I go again on my own' and 'Alone'!

Boss made great effort (and kept me entertained) with his support of the occassion via telephone including some classic Chicago lyrics! 'Keeping the dream alive' came in useful on several occasions when dealing with ongoing, going nowhere tasks and John Parr's St Elmo's Fire (Man in motion) entertained Broadie and I on the way home! I did try but unfortunately couldn't fit in anything from Eye of the tiger though!

So, that was Power Ballad Day that was, 'If I could turn back time' (see what I did there?!) I'd be better prepared!

BTW - 'Who wants to live forever?' is NOT an appropriate comment for a Personal Safety meeting!

1 comment:

Paul Pickering said...

Do you give points for people guessing what the theme of the day is, or even where such quotes come from? It's a shame there were so many phone calls into the meeting - lack of facial expressions does restrict the feedback loop.

Post a Comment