Sunday 25 April 2010

Broccoli Appreciation Day

Tuesday 13 April was Broccoli Appreciation Day (ok, so it should have been on Tuesday 23 March but I missed it!), I've always said that men are my favourite vegetable so maybe it was about time to remember that other vegetables also have their merits!

In celebration I bought enough broccoli to feed a small army, fed some to Bernie and John (with a Sunday roast, I didn't just invite them round and feed them broccoli!) then made broccoli earrings and a broccoli necklace and took the rest into the office!







I knew leaving the hooks in the ceiling when the Christmas decorations came down was a good idea - perfect for hanging broccoli!











I'd initially planned to take my broccoli jewellery off whenever I needed to leave the office but then thought if I'm going to do then I should do it properly - it's amazing how many people commented on how much they liked my jewellery then leaned in a little closer - this was generally followed by "oh my god, is that broccoli?!".

As you can see I roped in a few 'willing' participants in the office!


Denis feeling the broccoli love!


Poor Ray - when he came in to the office I told him I couldn't help him unless he let me take his picture with the broccoli!

No comments:

Post a Comment