Monday 5 July 2010

Mad Monday

Today is Mad Monday!

Everyday's mad in the world of Implementation! I strove to strike a balance between craaaazy mad (I know, not PC) and rrraaaaaahhhh, angry mad (it was never going to be one or the other today!), I think I succeeded.

I could list all the things that, quite frankly, have struck me as just plain mad today, however, I don't know who's reading so best not eh?!

I think it is appropriate though to share some of my favourite Tick quotes today, as follows.

And that's just it, Doc - my mind has always been my Achilles' heel!

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Sanity, you're a madman!

Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy.

Eating kittens is just plain... plain wrong! And no-one should do it, ever!

Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

He has the mustache of a titan.

I hate broccoli, and yet, in a certain sense, I am broccoli. (Why, oh why, didn't I think of this one for Broccoli Appreciation Day?!)

I'm betting that I'm just abnormal enough to survive.

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

The night is young and we have umbrellas in our drinks.

Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.

You know, gang, when you're a superhero, you never know where the day will take you. You may find yourself halfway around the world in the shark-infested waters of true-to-life living. Or you may find yourself going down to the store for a lozenge. You can't know, can you? No. You gotta ride that wave, you gotta suck that lozenge. 'Cause if you don't, who will?

You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!

Arthur, that belt is an accessory of evil, and evil is never in fashion.


Oh bugger it - I can't seem to stop, I need to stop, if you want more get them yourself!

More about The Tick!

Paul - this where I got all mine from, there's loads more!

2 comments:

Paul Pickering said...

I always thought you WERE the Tick and Heidi was just a cover story....I have come unstuck.

Heidi Orange said...

What gave me away??? SPOOOOOON!!!

Post a Comment