Tuesday 24 August 2010

Another Superfabulous Thursday!

Yay! Thursday 19 August was Another Superfabulous Thursday!

It was SUPER to arrive at Kevin and Ray's on Thursday evening for a FABULOUS evening, the food, wine and conversation were all excellent (Bernie - honestly, Ray wasn't calling you a s**t at all!) and very much appreciated after the previous 2 day low (why is that I always seem to end up playing in the supporting cast of my own life, maybe I'm just not leading lady material!).

Anyway, as I was leaving Kevin asked if I had my keys. Through the red wine mist, with crystal clear clarity, I had a vision of my keys swinging from my changing room locker at work.

So,

Taxi Driver: ** **** *** ******? (my address)
Me: Um, yes, but can you take me to work first please?
Taxi Driver: You're either very late or very early.
Me: Or I've left my keys at work.
Taxi Driver: Ah.

Security Guard at work: Yes.
Me: It's Heidi Orange, I've left my keys at work.
Security Guard: Well what sort of time is this to be coming for them (23:45)?
Me: About the same sort of time I want to get into my flat!

What happened next is something I only realised I've always wanted to do as I was doing it! I got to the 'big house' and all the lights were off down the manshun 'ouse corrider (or mansion house corridor) and all the double doors were shut. So, I fearlessly set off in the dark to the changing rooms, it probably took all of, oh I don't know, 2 SECONDS before I'd scared myself witless and took off full pelt down the length of the corridor slamming through the doors as I got to them. I know where the lights are in the changing room so I found my keys and turned back to do it again the other way (much scarier going back cos you have to stop to open the doors towards you - this is the point where you REALLY focus on the shivers down your spine and the thought of what could be right behind you!)!

Right, I can scratch that one off the bucket list then!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment