Friday 6 August 2010

Bring Back an Era Day

Today is Bring Back an Era Day!

I really wanted to go for the twenties for this one (I had visions of a full flapper outfit!) but had to rely on what I already had in my wardrobe etc so settled for the fifties instead!

So, this involved (what I considered to be) a fifties style skirt, white shirt, black belt, black (seamed) stockings (it's actually surprisingly difficult to take a photo of the back of your own leg!)











and high heeled black shoes (special party shoes with a bow!),














and vintage jewellery courtesy of Great Auntie Betty!












I wasn't really sure myself but at lunch Brian immediately guessed what it was all about so I can't have been too far off the mark!

I thought I was being really good by listening to fifties music all day (Frankie Valli, Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, Matt Monro, Ella Fitzgerald) but I think my efforts may have been negated by the fact that I was listening to them on my i-pod! D'oh!

Of course many people were of the opinion that if I was truly bringing the era back I wouldn't be at work at all - I'd be at home, baking in the kitchen, getting my husbands pipe and slippers ready for him when he gets home and generally just doing as I'm told (hmm, I've always had a bit of a problem with that last one!).

.

No comments:

Post a Comment