Tuesday 21 September 2010

Notice Small Things Day!

(Ahem, get your mind out of the gutter - you know who you are)

Ok so, today is Notice Small Things Day!

Yet.................it has been a day of momentous bigginess! Huge, warm, fuzzy great big...STUFF!

And that's all I can say on the matter for now - sorry! All will be revealed (again - gutter, out)!

I did try to notice small things but whenever I focused on something 'small' I got to thinking about it and it grew and grew in my mind taking on importance (totally unwarranted in some cases) and size until I came to the conclusion that EVERYTHING IS BIG - so, today's been kind of like an episode of Land of the Giants in an odd kind of way!

This is the only thing that even vaguely qualifies............



Eating my lunch I noticed this creatively cut cucumber in the little dish of tuna (small thing noticed) but then I got to thinking that someone had put a lot of effort into doing this and it probably made them smile while they were doing it and it made me smile finding it etc etc - see my problem?

And I've just spent 20 minutes essentially writing about a piece of cucumber (yeah, let's not even start on that problem).

.

7 comments:

Paul Pickering said...

Land of the Giants - Brobdinagian!! I like the way you brought these ideas together at work....seamless.

Heidi Orange said...

Yes Paul, obviously that's exactly what I was doing ;0) so seamless I almost didn't realise it myself!

Anonymous said...

Ha, I finally found your musings! Very readable, very you x
Jamie

Heidi Orange said...

Welcome Jamie! And thank you for following! Catch up soon? H x

Kas said...

Hi Heidi I like your blog, always on the lookout for positive people!!!

Heidi Orange said...

Hi Kas, thank you! I like yours too - my cats aren't as photogenic (I suspect it's operator error) but I'm hoping to get a few cameos from them over the coming months! x

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hallo! Thank yu for becomin a follower over at my playce, speshly as it meens I was abol to come heer an find yu! I like yor style! Hehehe.

Today in the news was sumthing almost cucumberry- a laydy in America cayme home from shoppin an fownd a blak Bear owtside her howse. SO she threw a courgette at it, an it ran away.

Onnistly! Ov CORSE it ran away! We don't like vegetabols! Good greef! (Sept roast potatoes. I kwyte like them.)

:@}

Post a Comment