Friday 10 September 2010

Wink at a Stranger Day

Monday 6th September was Wink at a Stranger Day!

Ok, there was plenty of opportunity to do this in the work 'restaurant' at lunchtime but, to be honest, I didn't want to risk winking (suggestively, comically, conspiratorially, or any other way) at a stranger I might actually come across again at some point during the day!

So, by the time I set off home (in gale force winds) I'd given up on the idea, convinced that I wouldn't bump into anyone on the way home (I rarely do, and those that I do I meet so regularly that they wouldn't really meet the 'stranger' criteria). Imagine my surprise (and horror) when the path widened at the little park area and I see a chap (not a regular) walking towards me. Do I, don't I? I can't decide! We're rapidly approaching each other as we dodge the various bits of flying trees and shrubbery so I decide to throw caution to the wind and go for it!

I wink........the wind howls........my hair goes in my eyes, in my mouth, up my nose.......I have no idea whether he's smiling at me because he saw the wink, because I'm choking on my own hair, or because he's just a nice chap who smiles at folk he passes!!!

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't sleep and was well narked till i read that babe! thanks for making me smile :) love you nad xxx

Anonymous said...

I thought you always winked at strangers lol. Or is that just your nervous twitch b x

Post a Comment