Saturday 30 October 2010

Oh Dear, is it a Day Day?

Shingle bells, shingle bells..............

You thought I'd forgotten all about you didn't you?

I wouldn't do that to you! It's been a bizarre last few weeks, largely due to the adverse reaction I had to one of the tablets I've been on since being diagnosed with shingles (on my knee of all places!) a couple of weeks ago - I have a new appreciation for those experiencing mental ill health. Anyway, as of Wednesday I'm starting to feel like me again, you'll be thrilled I know, and am slowly starting to pick up all the plates I dropped in the last few weeks (figuratively speaking of course) including the diary and blog!

So, I missed Making Waves Wednesday, Feed the Ducks Day, Do Something I've Never Done Before Day, Big Breakfast Saturday, Magic Monday and Annally Tidy Day. Don't panic, I'll reschedule!

I have, however, had opportunity to do the DVD Marathon Day again (several times over!) as promised back in June!

I did the whole guilty pleasure dvd's - Slipper and the Rose, Brigadoon, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Carousel etc in addition to a whole host of other movies including State of Play, From Paris With Love, Casablanca (not sure whether this should sit in the guilty pleasures category?) and The Book of Eli. The majority of my waking hours though have been spent watching West Wing, again. As this is now the fourth viewing of the series I guess I should be at the stage where I can recite the script with them...........I'm sorry to say I haven't yet even reached the stage where I understand what's going on!

A huge thank you to everyone for the cards, visits, morale boosting calls from Boss at 'the ranch', flowers, chocolates, ghost stories, hugs, offers of shopping and good wishes (I mean actual good wishes, not offers of good wishes!). As part of her contribution to care in the community Bernie took me to the supermarket to pick up a few bits so extra thanks for that and also to Bernie and John for taking me to theirs to make sure I ate a proper meal (and yes Broadie I AM eating the fruit!)!

Ah, that reminds me I can talk now about the huge, momentous bigginess mentioned on Notice Small Things Day! Broadie is now Slimmy, sorry, I meant Mrs Slimmon (don't think I'll ever be able to stop calling her Broadie though - Webby'd know all about that!), here's a photos of the couple on this very happy ocassion (and one of my interesting headgear later (after much champagne and cocktails))!





Right, I reckon that's enough for now!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment