Monday 6 December 2010

Start Getting Excited About Christmas Day Day!

Friday (3rd Dec) was Start Getting Excited About Christmas Day Day!

Ok, I knew this was a day at some point so I made a note of the moment I felt the first flutterings of festive excitement - August 25th. Neglected to make a note of what it was exactly but that's when it was!

I've been greedy with this one and extended it from one day to three, starting with decorating the bedroom on Friday (you've been warned - there will be photos as soon as I overcome my current technical difficulties!).






The living room got the treatment on Saturday, I tried really hard to wait until Rob arrived before I started but once the obligatory Christmas music (all 169 tracks), Sherry and festive headgear came out I couldn't resist just starting a little bit here and there so by the time he arrived (doing his best Russian Wookie impression) I was well on the way (and possibly a little tipsy!)!

Most people know I'm a little OCD when it comes to my decorations but I have to say I was very impressed with Rob's natural decorating abilities - he made a band in my tree (again, photo will follow and all will become clear!)! A quick trip to town to see the pretty lights and pick up a halo (I broke mine! No comments please ;-) followed by Bad Santa and candlelit nibbles and other festive themed things rounded off Day 2!





Day 3 involved decorating the office, Rob did a great job of making sure Bob was included (as a tree like object)  before deciding to decorate the fields outside the office, having given up on the idea of a snow arch (it's the wrong type of snow!), with a snow angel, the word snow written in shoe print and something that looks suspiciously like a rugby tackled Heidi shape! The Pac-man scene on the picnic tables, a pushed over Heidi shape in the snow and a visit to the playground on the way home followed by chicken and chorizo paella and Joyeux Noel finished off Day 3!


 

And I think that's all the excitement I can manage - for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment