Tuesday 18 January 2011

Power Ballad Day!

Yesterday (Monday 17th January) was Power Ballad Day!

Despite feeling a little All Out Of Love (not necessarily a bad thing, Love Bites) this was fun!  I got to spend the day dressed as a rock chick, I liked it, I could do this more often!  I think I could have even done it All Through The Night!



It's not that obvious from the Photograph but, trust me, in the flesh it was really working.  I even think I was 'channeling' the whole rock chick persona a little bit, Time After Time I was quite mad (Raaaaarrrrr rather than ga-ga) and a little aggressive which sure beats the sad, emotional nugget I've been so far this year!

I Found Someone (Boss) to take part in a little lunchtime quiz - match the learning programme to the power ballad - he did better than I expected but didn't quite get them all!

An example of my genius (Against All Odds ;-) introduction of power ballads at every opportunity.

Broadie invited me for a mid morning break...........................

"Are you feeling the power ballad love this morning?


Fancy a break?"
I accepted the invitation........................

"Everyday hurts , here I go again, I'm holding out for a hero, it's the final countdown and more than a feeling.


I don't want to wait anymore, nothing's gonna stop us now……………..usual place 5 mins?"
It was power ballads all the way as far as my ipod was concerned, Thunder, Def Lepard, Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses, Extreme, Queen to name but a few - somehow Barry Manilow and Bermuda Triangle snuck in and made a brief appearance.  I'm sorry, there is nothing at all that I can say in my own defense.

So, by the end of the day I'd managed to dress the part and include a respectable amount of power ballads throughout the day but didn't quite make it as far as a 'live performance' as requested by Neil!  Well, Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad I suppose!

I also took the opportunity to do a bit of legwarmer embracing (one of January's 'extra' exciting things to do).



Right, I Can't Fight This Feeling and now it's Time For Me To Fly but don't worry I'll be back To Be With You again soon, I Still Think About You, The Time Alone With You means More Than Words can say!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment