Friday 7 January 2011

Resurrect an Old Joke Day!

Yesterday (Thursday 6th Jan) was Resurrect an Old Joke Day!


I'd like to tell you my 2 favourite jokes but I can't remember all of one of them (it's about a yellow brick!) and the other one is far too long to get into (and I usually tell it better when I've had a bit to drink - it's about a donkey!).

I did find the results of a poll to find the 50 funniest jokes here - very funny!

I think some of my favourite (publishable) contributions of the day were

Mine (from the 50 funniest jokes website)
I went down the local supermarket, I said, ''I want to make a complaint, this vinegar's got lumps in it'', he said, "Those are pickled onions''
Sophie's (a bit of classic Tommy Cooper)
"Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin."
Bernie's
Q. Why are all dumb blond jokes oneliners?
A. So men can understand them.
Tony's
What do Jesus and Nicole Ritchie have in common?
They're both only famous because of their dads.
Gabby's
A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later, there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says "What the hell was that all about?"
Webby's
A horse walks in to a bar.......................(he didn't finish it so here's the ending for anyone not familiar with it - and the barman asks "Why the long face?")
Janet's
‎'Doc I can't stop singing 'The Green, Green Grass of Home'. 'That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome.' 'Is it common?' 'It's not unusual.'
Plenty of other jokes were offered but I couldn't possibly repeat them!

Anyone brave enough to comment and include their old favourite...................?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment