Tuesday 25 January 2011

Start a New Hobby Day!

Yesterday (Monday 24th January) was Start a New Hobby Day!

I'd already decided that I was going to re-instate an old one - line dancing, I haven't done any at all since the shingles in my knee at the beginning of October, plus, it's free (if I just do it at home)!

I'm also starting with my ebaying (finally) which is going to be a 'hobby' over the next year while I try to sell anything I can in an attempt to get the loan I wasn't anticipating having for this long paid off by March 2012 (just in case I don't have a job after D-Day)!

Finally I thought I'd make a start on the collection of self-help books I've collected over the years (most would argue that it's far too late to start now) in the hope that once I've paid the loan off and can actually have a social life I might actually still be able to hold a conversation with someone ;-)

Anyway, none of these really count as a proper hobby - however.................................Catherine arrived at work with a gift for me





















It was a beautifully wrapped instant hobby - and a perfect choice for me with my love of Pandas and anything related to them (as in Chinese not as in Grizzly bear!)!  Thank you Catherine for, once again, embracing the 'day'!




You can find 'The World's Largest List of Hobbies' here!

By the way, I was wrong in Saturday Lovely Saturday - there's also 'laugh in the face of winter sniflement' and 'decide pale is interesting' as 'extra'.  I meant to write about this on Pamper Yourself Day cos that's when I did it!  In the half an hour I spent stood outside Auntie Betty's I was reflected in her windows - she has net curtains up which gave me a very pale ghostly appearance which was marginally interesting and I've been laughing in face of winter sniflement all month as everyone around me has succumbed to various colds and flu!

I fully intended to tell you that I almost acheived the falling over 'extra' too - on Sunday night during one of my bizarre dreams I dreamt I'd fallen off (not quite 'over' but closer than 'in', 'out' or 'flat') a railing of some sort, I found this highly amusing in my dream, to the extent that (for the third time in my life) I woke myself up because I was actually laughing! 

Anyway, that's what I was going to tell you (and did!) but, I'm pleased to announce, I did it for real too!  I had to pop back to the office during a meeting so I could print out a 'very important piece of paper' which then slipped out of my fingers on the way back to the meeting.  It was very windy today so I chased it all over the place (hoping that there were no witnesses all the while) and ended up slipping up the slope and falling over!  I embraced it fully - with my grazed fingertips - before retrieving the paper (with my foot), going back to the meeting and handing it over, slightly trampled but still legible!

Result!  And that really is all the 'extra' Exciting, Lovely, Silly Things to do in January done!  Not many days left now - looking forward to Experimental Cooking Day on Saturday though!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment