Wednesday 16 March 2011

Great Outdoors Day!

Hmm, it would have been nice had I been able to SEE the great outdoors!  This is the view that greeted me on drawing the curtains..................


I gave it half an hour to see if there was any sign of it lifting but then got impatient and decided to set off to explore the great outdoors.  The plan was to head off in the direction of the pine woods and, instead of turning right (looks at hands to remember which one she WRITES with) and heading towards the Valley Gardens, turn left and see where it took me!



The fog did seem to lift a little in places (great, I'd actually be able to see the werewolf/mad axe murderer/marauding ewoks my over-active imagination was busy conjuring!)


I reached the observation point where apparently I could observe this


and this is what I actually observed



Yay - colour!!



and squirrels!



I'd walked as far as I could in a straight line but my plan for frequently turning round, so the view coming back would be familiar, wasn't going to work in the ever thickening fog so I decided to head back and continue on towards the Valley Gardens and go for a wander round there.


By the time I got right down into the gardens the fog was so thick even the cafe was fading!  I walk through the Valley Gardens almost every week but never take the time to wander round the many paths, I couldn't believe it when I got quite disorientated in all the fog and ended up not exactly knowing whereabouts I was!


My hair was starting to freeze a little at the ends so it seemed a good idea to head off back home and spend some time appreciating the Great Indoors!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment