Wednesday 9 March 2011

Have a Pancake Flipping Competition!

Yep, you've guessed it - this was an extra for March!  Thought about doing it on any day other than Pancake Day but I guess there's some things you just don't mess with!

So, it was Have a Pancake Flipping Competion With a Friend (preferably one who's not as good at pancake flipping as you) Day - having never made a pancake in my life I gave some serious thought as to who I could challenge........................and chose the only friend I have who's a chef!

Under Webby's direction I cobbled the mixture together without covering everything (except the side and my mobile phone) with flour - result!  I was told I wasn't taking this seriously enough, far too much laughing going on!

Then it was time to heat the pans and crack on, I let the expert show me how it's supposed to be done first!




Then it was time to start the competition - the first few attempts didn't quite go to plan!





















But I quickly got the hang of it and, as it turns out, it would appear I've missed my calling!  I was ridiculously chuffed to discover that I CAN flip a pancake!  In fact I managed 9 consecutive flips once I got into my stride!

And - even Webby was impressed with this one, one flip up and it landed as a perfectly ready folded crepe suzette.  I couldn't do that again if I tried!


He was less impressed with this (at least that was the impression I got when he groaned and put his head in his hands).  Well, what was I supposed to do when he said I'd put too much in - it seemed perfectly reasonable to just pour some back into the bowl?



Unbelievably.........................I WON!   I proved a worthy adversary in the flipping stakes and apparently mine also tasted the best!

Here's a photo of our collective efforts - appetising yes?



Finally.............................Oolong, named after the oolong variety of tea, was a domestic rabbit owned by photographer Hironori Akutagawa. The rabbit was famous for his ability to balance a variety of objects on his head.




 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment