Saturday 23 April 2011

Attempt a World Record!

What, just one?

I wanted to try these six (apparently easily breakable), but without a space hopper I've had to settle for the remaining 5!

So, here we go then..........................

1. Most Ferrero Rocher chocolates eaten in one minute: 7

Current holder: Dynamite Dane Jim Lyngvild managed 7 in just under 60 seconds live on Danish TV, in October 2008.

Rules: No water, must show empty mouth after each Rocher's been consumed.

Result: I was very impressed with my Easter bunny ferrero rocher find - unfortunately it didn't help at all with the challenge, I managed 3 (and was unwrapping the fourth) when the minute timer went off! 


2. Eggs broken with head in one minute: 103

Current holder: A work experience guy (Alex Smith) at FHMThe lads over at FHM.

Rules: Medium sized hen eggs; must be broken one at a time. Hands can be used to steady egg, but cannot be used to pick eggs up.

Result: I thought it'd probably be best to wear protective clothing for this one (it's like shower cap day all over again!)!


I got off to a good start and broke the first one with the floor!












The first two were surprisingly easy to smash but the third one just wouldn't break at all and neither would the fourth.  I suspect it's because by this point it was actually starting to hurt a fair bit, I started to feel like Woody Woodpecker but was determined that they weren't going to get the better of me!  It took me the whole minute but I managed to crack the third and fourth!  I have got a faint bruise appearing on my forehead though - ooops!
 
3. Fastest double duvet dressing: 1.13m

Current holder: Miss Liz Barker is the current record holder of the quickest double duvet stuffed correctly into a double duvet cover, as she did in just 1.13 minutes live on air (Blue Peter).

Rules: You can't just throw it in there, it's got to be properly made.

Result: I think I should be given credit here..........my duvet's actually a king size and it's possible I was hindered by Rosie 'helping'!  Anyway I managed it in 2 minutes and 12 seconds, which is a lot faster than the usual 10 minute wrestle!





4. Sweetcorn kernels eaten with a toothpick in three minutes: 185

Current holder: 'Bubble', aka Paul Ferguson From Big Brother 2 (back in 2001).  He managed to almost break the sweetcorn-kernels-eaten-with-a-toothpick-in-three-minutes record without much trying and went on to Big Brother's Little Brother and promptly broke the record.

Rules: One kernel at a time.

Result: Boss, Bernie wouldn't let me set up my shiny, sparkly cocktail sticks with kernels ready to just pick up and eat - apparently this would be considered cheating!  I managed 41 but more importantly (and impressively) I managed to do it without stabbing myself in the cheek (or anywhere else for that matter).



5. Fastest mile holding an egg in a spoon: 10 mins 45

Current holder: Ashrita Furman, this is a sports day special taken to extremes (apparently it relies on not only being a bit speedy, but also having wrists of steel and patience, patience, patience - I'm screwed then!).

Rules: Touch the egg or drop the egg, you're out.

Result: Found an egg and sppon race kit at the same time I found the Fererro Easter bunny - I thought this might come in handy if I smashed all the eggs in the house with my forehead!  There was no way I was going to get anywhere near a mile so Bernie and I just had a race down the side street - I won (and it was nothing to do with accidently bumping into Bernie ;-)


And that was it - I wonder if there's a record for how many records attempted in an hour........................

Had to share these photos with you - Bernie's cats spent the entire day in the sun on the window sill.........



We think Tilly maybe had a spot of sunstroke - Bernie put fresh water down for them and Tilly wandered over and collapsed around the bowl with her head in it!





.

No comments:

Post a Comment