Friday 1 July 2011

Spend 87% of the Time Outside!

I think this was actually supposed to cover the entire month of June - unfortunately a lot of it has been wet (not that I'd have a problem with that) and also I've spent a lot of it being ill and not setting foot outside at all!

However, in recognition of this day (yeak, ok, I used this as an excuse to write something for this day) I did get some sunbathing done on the way to my rescheduled physio appointment (what a good day to have booked off work as my privilage day!) and then Kevin, Ray, Ken and were planning on taking ourselves off to Mount Grace Priory with a picnic for an outdoor production of Sense and Sensibility (this may not have amounted to 87% but it certainly felt like a fair shot!)

Unfortunately the weather interferred with these plans so we opted instead for a meal at The Boar's Head at Ripley Castle.  The food was amazing.........here's a picture of my chocolate fondant with caramilised hazlenut and orange cream dessert :-)



We did have a walk around the castle afterwards which does at least count towards the 87%, yes?  And here's a load of photos - sorry, I went a bit snap-happy, I just couldn't get the camera to reproduce what my eyes were seeing!


Part of the one of the entrances to the hotel





Some bizarre feather thing going on at the gates to the cemetary........




The lone duck.................all its pals were swimming around at the bottom but it didn't seem to be able to figure out how to get down there!


A few shots of the castle (and Ray)







 And finally, the Hotel De Ville (instead of a town hall apparently!)


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you managed to spot the bullet holes in the church wall where several civil war soldiers were executed.

Heidi Orange said...

Well hello Anonymous!

No, I didn't, to be honest I wasn't looking that closely!

Post a Comment