Thursday 17 November 2011

Wear Purple Day (week)!

(24th - 28th October, luckily I was writing the post as I went along!)

This was a last minute addition (last week) and was initially just supposed to be one day.  Due to various people being on leave on various days this week I was asked to extend it to a whole week!

I started Purple Week with some subtlety (see, I can do subtle if I put my mind to it!) on Monday with just my purple gloves....................


Showed a bit more purple on Tuesday with the addition of the purple scarf, purple stockings and purple jewellery - this was also the day Neil wore his very purple shirt (unfortunately I didn't get a photo).



Wednesday was more purple jewellery (with the gloves and scarf still), different purple stockings and a purple top.  I think I must have been sending out some sort of subliminal message, I was very impressed to see that in one of the offices (in a totally unplanned move) everyone had turned up wearing purple!  In fact there seemed to be an awful lot of purple around across the whole site on Wednesday!



Thursday was Wear Purple Day proper so I went full on purple - everything was purple, including my nails, the only thing that let me down was that I'd neglected to dye my hair purple!


Elaine matched my effort with an outfit entirely in various shades of purple and there were several other hints of purple across the department.


Andy contibuted these Purple Ronnie playing cards and Lyn wore a ring with a purple stone as they weren't able to wear anything purple!


Tomorrow (Friday) will also include some fabulous purpleness but I can't talk about it in this post as it actually fits tomorrow's day too (Embrace Cardigans)!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment