Sunday 11 December 2011

Fall Out with Your Waistline

I can't remember the last time I was friends with my waistline!

Here's a great Ode to Christmas which is perfect for this day.........................

T'was the week after Christmas and all through the house
nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cream cakes I'd nibbled, with Thornton's to taste
at the family parties ballooned round my waist.
When I stood on the scales I went white at the lips
for each little mouthful had sunk to my hips.
I remembered the feasting ,with hardly a lull,
And I never once muttered, No thank you I'm full.
In a baggy old top thought, "it's never too late"
Prepared once again to do battle with weight.
So away with the last of the double cream dips
goodbye to the fruit cake , no chocolate no chips
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
Till every additional spare tyre has vanished
I won't have a sweetie not even a lick
I'm determined to chew on a celery stick
I won't have fried breakfasts or cheesecake or pie
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry and lonesome and life is a bore
but isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle no longer a riot
Happy Christmas to all , good luck with your diet!

.

2 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

That;s very clever an very funny! Hehehe! I'm ok. I can just rearrange my beads if I want a skinny waist. Or if I want a smaller bum I just stand on me hed. Hehehe. Mummy reelly enveez me! She was on a strikt diet till she had a bad day reesently an then ate a 500g bar of choklit fruit an nut.

I likt the wrapper.

Heidilouise76 said...

Fortunately wrapper chocolate is calorie free ;-) Look out for the Christmas cake recipe later this week - you might not like it but I think Mummy might! x

Post a Comment