Monday 5 December 2011

Squirrel Something Away Day!

Verb 1. squirrel away - save up as for future use
cache, hive up, hoard, lay away, stash
lay aside, save up, save - accumulate money for future use; "He saves half his salary"

My acorns are haemorraging!  And who, please tell me, is in a position to save half their salary?!

Anyway, I've been squirreling things away (not money, obviously) all my life - hoarding seems to come from both sides of the family - just in case, and because I'm sure it'll come in handy one day!  I've had quite a big clear out this year though and I just know that that day will come and I'll discover that I urgently need that very thing that I squireled away.................and it's bound to have been a casualty of the clear out!

I usually like to squirrel away Christmas gifts for folks throughout the year, the pile seems to be getting depressingly smaller each year though - and there are only so many scarves you can knit people!   This is actually the first year in many when I haven't done any knitting at all - you know why don't you?

That's right, I got rid of the balls of wool I hadn't used for years.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment