Saturday 21 January 2012

Fantastic Fridayness!

It's funny but on the walk to work the sky this morning was that stunning kind of luminescent blue that always makes me think of big blockbuster movies where either something wonderful is about to happen or something absolutely awful.  The sun was just rising on the horizon and the effect was like someone just lifting the lid a little and letting the light in, it was absolutely beautiful.

I chose to think that it was a sign of something wonderful going to happen today and throughout the day I've wavered about whether what has happened has been good or bad.  I think it could have been bad but ultimately I think it's good - I feel a little like I've been tempted by the devil but have resisted and feel better for it.

Anyway, in addition to that it was also yellow/orange/brown food day (fish, chips and beans or other menu choices that still amounted to a plate of a limited colour spectrum) at work, I had a couple of beers with Webby after work and then he treated me to a Chinese followed by Gareth joining us for a visit to the fabulous Charlie's Place and a few games of pool.

My ebaying is going well and musicMagpie are picking up some dvds and cds tomorrow, I've got an appointment thrugh for my next MRI and more tablets to take so all's good - in fact I might even go so far as to say fantastic!

P.S.  The majority of this post was written as it was occuring/shortly after it was occuring.

Here's the end of the story (written at 09.37am Saturday morning)..............

I found myself in a rather unusual situation when the festivities after Charlie's Place moved back to mine then back to Webby's (apparently the volume on my laptop isn't loud enough to play all the tracks we were playing in our 'song off' so we had to change venue) where the three of us continued to play lots of music until about 5.30 this morning.  Webby was asleep on the sofa so Gareth and I left in a taxi, dropped Gareth off and proceeded to Chez l'Orange where I discovered that I'd left my keys on the coffee table at Webby's.  Taxi driver took me back but we couldn't wake Webby so I ended up in 'lost property' in the back office at Mainline Taxis for a few hours until Bernie woke up so I could go and get my spare keys!

Thank you Mainline (particulary Kirsty and Clive) for looking after me, Bernie for waking up and Debbie for rescuing me and getting me home in time to have my parcels picked up!

I have to agree with Elaine's comment this morning......."Only you Orange, only you!"

.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment