Thursday 5 January 2012

Most don't-make-me-do-that thing this week!

Well this was an easy one!

It's Wednesday and it's the day before I go back to work.  I've watched facebook all week as, one by one, my friends have approached their return to work with dread and horror - now it's my turn lol!

The difference is that in the last 10 weeks (that's almost a quarter of a year!) I've only been at work for a total of a little over 7 hours!  I was back for 2 days (3.7 hours per day) in the final week of December and, in addition to having 8 weeks of emails and work etc to try and wrap my head around, I was amazed at how quickly I'd forgotten the most basic things! 

Things like how to use the printer, the location of things on the computer, how to book a meeting room, how to access and use NCALT live!, who's sponsoring which projects etc etc etc.

Having really achieved very little in those 2 days (other than deleting the vast amount of rubbish emails (that I can remember how to do!) and discussing my 'condition' with an army of well-wishers) and the fact that I won't actually be back full time until February makes me wish that I could just jump forward to February.

That way I could wake up back on track, fully functioning and ready to go instead of feeling like my head's stuffed with cotton wool every time I think about work and like the wires connecting work 'stuff' are all tangled and plugged into the wrong sockets (ironically I was actually feeling pretty damn good about work just before I got broken)!

Ah well, crack on Orange - by this time next month everything'll be back to normal!

Bring it on!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment