Friday 13 January 2012

WI Day!

Yep, that's right - I've joined the WI!

Well, a branch of it anyway - Spa Sweethearts WI - a WI with a difference! Harrogate's newest WI, aimed at women in their 20s, 30s and 40s who enjoy meeting new people, having fun and experiencing different things!

So, they meet once a month and this month it was to do a spot of bunting making (this year will be a year for bunting after all so this could be a handy skill to have!)!  And it's at this point that I say 'thank God for Aunty Betty!' without whom I wouldn't have had the material and bias binding required to participate!

Debbie, Elaine and I had great fun and I'm pleased to say that at least Debbie and Elaine had something (a joint effort) to show for it (the least said about my efforts the better!)!


Things to look forward to over the coming months include archery (is it really a good idea to put a bow and arrow in my hands?!), wine tasting, a private bath bomb making session at Lush, belly dancing ...........and yes, jam making!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment