Friday 24 February 2012

Bake a Cake Day!

I should really have saved this one for another day - I feel like I've spent the entire weekend (and last weekend with the Valentine buns) in the kitchen!

I should also have really been paying more attention to what I was doing!  What I was planning to do was bake a dual purpose cake - for Ray's birthday and also for Boss visiting Harrogate (he always seems to miss any baked goods that are on the go in the office!), and I kind of did - just not quite as planned.

I stuck to the old favourite Victoria Sandwich, I only have one cake tin so usually do half the recipe and use the same tin twice.  Oooops - because I wasn't fully concentrating on what I was doing I ended up halving the ingredients I'd already halved and produced a very thin sandwich!  So I had to use the same tin three times and go with a triple layered cake!

Then I remembered that I've left my cake container at Kevin and Rays so had to improvise!  I decided to transport the cake to work in the only other airtight container it would fit in!



Which meant I also had to take the jam and icing sugar to work and assemble the cake once I got there!


Yes, I know, I also forgot the blummin cream!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment