Sunday 5 February 2012

Security Alert! Security Alert!

Ok, so I'm all for tight security when it comes to banking and my money etc but why my bank found it necessary to put a block on my card in the early hours of this morning when Asda tried to process payment for my usual bi-monthly online shopping order I have no idea! 

Yes, yes, I understand that sometimes people steal cards etc and decide it's fun to get some free household shopping out of it but surely common sense dictates that if suspicious activity is suspected you'd look for similar activity on the account?  Or maybe not.  I don't know how these things work and don't get me wrong I am grateful that someone out there has my back when it comes to this type of fraudulent activity but a simple check and even an idiot would be able to see a regular payment of a similar amount to the same place every 2 months for the last 2 years!!

This simple check might just have prevented Asda sending me a text at 5.45am on a Saturday morning asking me to contact them before 6.45am to avoid cancellation of my shopping order due today.  This would also have avoided me having to get up, call the number provided and then try to contact Asda to verify the validity of this whole thing before giving my card details out over the phone.  In a masterstroke of excellent customer service you can't speak to anyone before 7am - most frustrating when you've been given a deadline of 6.45am to call back with your card details!  A call to the bank and it's all sorted.

But..............I'm wide awake and can't even go back to bed because my blummin shopping order's due this morning!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment