Friday 16 March 2012

Invincibility Day!

Easy tiger!

Usually my temper/anger is a slow burning thing with a sudden quick ignition.  This means I'm normally aware that it's happening and can take steps to prevent a full blown eruption.  (I've just realised that I've portrayed myself as a bit of a psycho - let me reassure you that I'm not!)

However, every once in a blue moon I can just solar flare instantly with no warning.  Which is exactly what happened today on the way home from work!

I'm walking along the very long ginnel/snicket/path (delete as applicable) that runs from 'almost at work' to 'almost my front door' and spy ahead of me a group of half a dozen hooded youths (one of which I recognise as being one of the trouble causers around my abode).  I'm in the habit of switching the sound off on my ipod when approaching anybody (just in case they speak to me/attack etc) so I carried on as normal, switched the sound off and walked through them.

As I was walking through the group I noticed a couple of them looking down at my ipod and just as I passed them I heard them start wittering.

Youth 1 - "mumble mumble"
Youth 2 - "yeah that's what I was thinking, what sort of ipod's she got n is it worth nicking (innit, a'ight, d'yagetme)"

Of course the sensible course of action at this point would have been to ignore it and walk on.

Oh no, Invincible Orange took over, stopped dead in her tracks, spun round, marched up to them and held the ipod up so they could get a clear view.

Invincible Orange - "This sort. Would you like to have a go at taking it?"
Youths (collectively) - look down at floor while trying to hide their faces in hoods and slowly shuffle out of my reach.
Invincible Orange - "No, I didn't think so."

Invincible Orange spins back round and resumes journey.

At which point Sane Heidi put in a belated appearance.

Sane Heidi (muttering under breath) - "Stupid, stupid woman, what were you thinking!"

I arrived home safely, resisting the urge all the way to look over my shoulder while alternating between feeling stupid and feeling great!

I didn't turn the music back on at all though - just in case!

Must remember in future to not attempt reckless endangerment of self unless already wearing superhero outfit.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment