Tuesday 20 March 2012

Most Important Thing This Week!

That would have to be Mother's Day!

Bernie, John and I hot-footed it over to Pops and Olive on Sunday where we enjoyed bacon butties and a slice of the marmalade cake I'd baked for Olive...


...threw a few darts at the dart board Pops got for Christmas (I got 2 bullseyes! Of course, I did have to throw the darts about 200 times to get them but still, I was happy!), Olive opened her pressies and then we sat down to an amazing full Sunday roast followed by one of my favourite desserts by Pops.


He'd normally make it in his proper Charlotte Russe dish type thing but didn't have enough sponge fingers and he wasn't allowed to buy any more so he made a smaller one in a tupperware bowl which didn't look anywhere near as attractive so we insisted that he tip it out of the bowl!

Bernie isn't keen on cream, particularly when teamed with soggy sponge (her words, not mine) so refused to have any.  She was finally persuaded to try a little which she very nearly choked on as I chose that moment to say...

Me: "It's a shame Olive wouldn't let you buy any more then you could have just given Bernie a Boudoir Finger."
Collective (at least 2 people but I was too busy having a 'no, no, no noooo' moment to really notice): "What?!!"
Me: Desperately trying to explain that that's what the sponge fingers are called!

I waited for everyone to calm down before continuing...

Me: "Now I need to think of a way to write about this on the blog...(pause)..without social services becoming involved."

Bernie had to leave the room and Pops looked like he was going to stop breathing with laughter (it was another 'how to kill a chicken moment').

And no-one believed me that they're called Boudoir Fingers (also sometimes known as Lady Fingers!!)!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment