Thursday 19 April 2012

WI Day - A Taste of the Wild!

It's that time of month again so Elaine and I toddled down to the Rugby Club for a talk about foraging in the wild (who knows, once we've done the archery bit later in the year I could move to the woods and live off the land - Heidi Hood lol!).

What could have been a very dry presentation turned out to be actually very interesting stuff, the fact that Chris Bax (from Taste of the Wild) presented it in an engaging, and often humorous, way helped!

His obvious passion and enthusiasm for the subject was infectious and I'm sure I'm not the only one who went home and scribbled down bits I could remember that were of particular interest to me - and got straight on the website to save it to my favourites for future perusal!

He appeared on Countryfile the following Sunday making Dandelion Bhajis!
This kind of thing could well be the theme of Experimental Cooking Day next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment