Sunday 24 June 2012

Al Fresco With a Twist!

It was a last minute idea that kind of caught fire in my tiny mind but it turned out to be quite a success!

Kevin was escaping the football with a visit to Chez L'Orange on Tuesday evening and mentioned al fresco, pate, cheese, bread and wine in his email to confirm arrangements.

I got home from work, downloaded a cd of 'French Cafe Music', dragged every plant I own into the lounge (literally in some cases - one of them is at least a foot taller than me!) and arranged them around the mantlepiece, opened the window to create a slight breeze, lit a candle with a fresh cut grass scent, put up the little table and chairs and laid some nibbles out - Kevin was suitably impressed when he arrived with said pate, cheese, bread and wine.



 
Fortunately he also brought the sunshine with him :-) it was actually very much like being sat outside in the sun enjoying a glass of wine (or several) and at least this time I didn't have to worry about random co-op shopping expeditions, which I can't remember, on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment