Tuesday 15 January 2013

Send a Letter Day!

Ok, it wasn't a letter (it was a card)...

...and I didn't send it (Bernie dropped it off at the post box due to my incapacitation (no, not self inflicted!))

So I'm not really sure whether I've achieved this one or not!

Writing this post has just reminded me of this though...



(I'm sorry.)

It's also reminded me of the film The Postman (which I actually quite enjoyed)...

The year is 2013, there is no order, no peace, those who survive are few, all that connects them is a memory from the past, and a man, who will keep it alive...



Then of course there's 'Going Postal' which in American English slang, means becoming extremely and uncontrollably angry, often to the point of violence, and usually in a post office or other workplace environment. The expression derives from a series of incidents from 1983 onward in which United States Postal Service (USPS) workers shot and killed managers, fellow workers, and members of the police or general public in acts of mass murder. Between 1986 and 1997, more than forty people were gunned down by spree killers in at least twenty incidents of workplace rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment