Tuesday 22 January 2013

Snow Day!


Apart from the fact that I'd rather be sick to my stomach than have earache (and having someone breaking up concrete with a pneumatic drill opposite your front door while you're trying to rest and ignore the fact that you want to reach in and gouge your eardrum out with your fingers doesn't help) my throat and ear infection have also prevented me from making the most of the proper snow we've had :-(

I did stick my head out of the bedroom window briefly, after 3 days without any fresh air it was lovely but it also made my earache worse so it seemed wiser to just look at it from the warmth and safety of inside.

It also meant I couldn't get any photos, and I love taking photos of the snow - usually on my way to and from work.  So I'm re-posting some photos from previous occassions in the hope that I'll get the opportunity to take some more when I'm better!

These 3 were taken from the garden at Pops and Olive's
This is the attempt Bernie and I made at a snowman!
 
And this is one of my favourites from the walk to work a couple of years ago - always reminds of the back of the wardrobe where Narnia is lit in the snow by a lampost! 
 
 
 
And then I heard about this...For Sale - 12' x 8' Igloo on The Stray In Harrogate, current bid (as I write) is £92!

No comments:

Post a Comment