Tuesday 11 March 2014

Turn Some Heads and Get Out of Your Comfort Zone!

Turn Some Heads Day (Monday) - I turned mine all over the place so the doctor could have a good look at hard to reach places before diagnosing polyps and obstructive sleep apnoea!

I did turn some heads in a much nicer way on Friday though when we went out to celebrate Rachel's birthday and I wore a new top and necklace combo which resulted in comments from several people - it's always good to surpass the insincerity of "you look nice (I really take issue with that word!)" and I was particularly pleased with John's reaction :-)

Get out of your comfort zone (Thursday) - I went to the dentist! Whilst I wouldn't say I have a phobia, not even a mild one, it's always with some surprise that I find myself having to unclench the whitened fingers I've laced together and placed on my tummy in what always starts off as a relaxed pose but which, without my concious involvement, invariably ends up with me having to unfold myself from a rigor-mortis-like frozen position!  

I also got a little out of my comfort zone on Sunday when I made dinner for John, Bernie and John and decided to do my entire menu with things I've never done before!
 
The gammon in coke with honey and mustard glaze was to die for and the white wine and dijon new potatoes were also delicious - the chantenay carrots in creme fraiche and tarragon could have done with a lot less tarragon and the marinated courgettes did the opposite of growing on us the more we ate them but all in all it was a huge success - the chocolate cake dessert with a nice bottle of pinot noir helped :-)
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment