Wednesday 16 April 2014

Last week This Week!

Things are slipping a little and I'm losing track of what's happening in any given week! The good news is that I've just done something amazing (well I was amazed by the results anyway, but then it doesn't take much) for this week's blog and in the meantime here's last weeks!

Gaze at clouds day

Hmmm, well there were certainly plenty of them about during the week and they all chose to open directly above us on Monday during the half hour walk home from town. We were far too busy trying to hold our heads up under the sheer force of the torrential downpour to worry about what was going on above us in the clouds but it did look very impressive (in an end-of-world armageddony type way - and from the warm, dry safety of the kitchen) when it looked like it was threatening to happen again a little later.

Break out into a sweat day

Horses sweat
Men perspire
Women glow...
(according to my mum)

...in which case this was a glowing success (dreadful, sorry) on Saturday when we spent the day in the Big Smoke - it really is warmer down South! People were bundled up in hats and scarves on the tube and all I wanted to do was get as many layers as decently possible off - the fact that I only just made it onto one of carriages as the doors were closing certainly helped with the whole glowingness thing! With my sense of direction (or lack of to be precise) and my travel blindness being lost on the London Underground is not in any way a desirable outcome - logically I know I'd be fine (and I've traversed from A to B (and even C) on several occassions on my own down there) but it still panicks me for some reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment