Tuesday 2 September 2014

August Mission - The Results!


Recap of mission can be found here!

So, given the fact that the latter half (2/3) of the month it's been tipping it down I actually did quite well all in all - largely due to having booked the first week of August off work!

I didn't manage any leaping in rivers, it may not have been a meadow but Mine Truly and I skipped (don't ask) down a path on a walk round a lake with Uncle Tom and Marley, I did encounter sand (see below) but no dunes to roll down and I did eat alfresco at the So! Bar and also at Zizzi's (they wouldn't allow me to sleep there though - nor were they ameniable to the idea of nakedness!)!

The  first week of August saw us taking off for the tropics of Mattersey Thorpe for my annual hoilday with Uncle Tom and Marley at the beautiful Thorpe House.

 
 
It was incredibly hot and sunny so, not having a garden at home, I made the most of the opportunity and spent the majority of my time getting a tan outside :-)
 
Uncle Tom also took us each out for a spin in his beautiful 1974 Morris Mini Clubman 1275GT. I only covered my eyes with my fingers once I promise!

 
And then we ended our week off with a day out in Liverpool! I still can't quite believe how much we crammed into just one day and am already looking forward to going back for a bit longer to see all the other things we didn't have time to squeeze in! I was impressed with the urban beach though and insisted on grabbing a beer and a deck chair and spending half an hour with the sand between my toes (which I was sure would feature at some point in the diary year!) :-)
 
Itinerary:
 
1) Walk through town
2) Pit stop at Beach Bar
5) Walk round Albert Docks
6) Lunch at The Pump House
7) Bus to Anfield for a tour of the gates and the 96 memorial and a bit of shopping (this does not mean that magnet's going anywhere near the fridge Mine Truly!)
8) Pit stop at The Park
9) Another pit stop and some music history (and a bit of a dance to the live 60's music act!) at The Cavern
10) Dinner at Zizzi's finished off with a Limoncello before heading back to the station
 
 

 

















 
 
 







 
































And then we attempted more outdoor activity later in the month when we took Mine Truly's daughter to an outdoor performance of Romeo and Juliet - and it lashed it down! We stuck it out for just under an hour and then came home again - we couldn't see anything for all the brollys in front of us so we were having to stand (which wasn't doing my back any good) and we couldn't hear anything either for the noise of the rain on our own umbrella, it was crazy haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment