Tuesday 26 May 2015

Go Commando!

Go Commando Day - Go Commando Bootcamp, imagine my disappointment at finding it wasn't, in fact, a bootcamp to train how to go commando in the Wikipedia (and urban dictionary) sense of the word!

This was an educational day, I learnt that 'going commando' is also known as 'free-balling' for men or 'free-buffing' for women. You never know when this sort of knowledge may come in handy.

And apparently there's 11 reasons why women should go commando - I can't say I'm entirely convinced by all of them but some do make an interesting point!

There are actually rules of engagement for going commando - check out the video below...



And then there was this brilliant Male Cancer Awareness Campaign last year...



And I don't even know what this is, there are no words...



Did I go commando? 

I'm not telling you!

Eurovision! 

And this week saw the annual celebration at The Palace! As ever the food, drink and company were fantastic but I found the Eurovision itself very disappointing - each year it seems to get more ballad heavy with an increasing amount of songs just all blending into one. I'd really like to see a return to the outrageous, colourful, uplifting and fun kookiness of previous years so will live in hope for Sweden 2016!

I had a bit of a disaster with the pavlova, having baked the base on Friday evening I then set fire to it on Saturday morning - by accident I hasten to add! I'd forgotten it was in the oven and I put the grill on for breakfast...

Ooops! 

Fortunately my emergency base baking on Saturday afternoon paid off and my second attempt was one of the best bases I've ever made so I was able to complete my Austrian flag decorated pavlova just in time for the festivities!







Ken was pretty much guaranteed a win with his fortunate selection of countries from the hat...




While I managed to pick this lacklustre bunch...(although I did really like Cyprus)


Still, it could have been worse - we were a country short for the draw so Ray had to include a dud - obviously Ireland was the only choice. He also included a nice personal message for the unfortunate soul (John (Bernie's)) who drew it...



And thank you to Bernie for the surprise sparkly facewear!



I have to admit that I liked Australia, I thought Italy would do well, Sweden was pretty good, France was wrist-slittingly dire, the UK was fun and I particularly liked Cyprus and Austria (which just goes to show that either I or the rest of Europe have no taste)





No comments:

Post a Comment