Monday 4 May 2015

Holsten Pils and spending pennies!

Wink suggestively at people - yeah, so I either looked like I had a twitch or something in my eye.

Speaking of facial expressions (in a roundabout way) gives me the perfect excuse to share my bizarre Jeff Goldblum crush and this old Holsten Pils commercial (I think this is where it all started!). There's something about the guilty and mischievous smile right at the end that just makes me weak at the knees - in a similar way to the grin and swagger in the scene at the end of Independence Day!



Hahaha! And in searching for the Holsten Pils clip I discovered I'm not the only one who thought this about his end-of-Independence-Day swagger...



Leave a penny for someone to find - thinking of pennies made me remember a story my mum used to tell us about being in a public toilet as a teenage girl, she was quietly minding her own business when a hand reached under the dividing wall and grabbed her ankle, this was accompanied by a deep voice saying "I bet you want to spend more than a penny now love". And thinking of public toilets (this is not normal behaviour for me I assure you) brought to mind an entry in a book about graffiti which I read many years ago - apparently found in a Harrogate public toilet...
We are the people our parents warned us about 
I did also leave a penny for someone to find, in the same spot I leave it every year :-)




Bunk off early - fortunately I work flexi-time so there's no such thing really, and even if there was...let's face it you'd have to be insane to write about it on social media!

Plant update - so, last week there were some signs of progress by the end of the week. By the end of this week it's gone crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment