Monday 3 August 2015

July Mission - The Results!

Hmmm, I'm not sure I can claim a success with this one. Neither was it a total failure though so that's good enough for me!

I took Rachel and Bernie for a picnic to Harlow Carr when they had their Summer Evening late opening, I baked a pavlova (again!) for Kevin and Ray, offered my tent (yes it leaked but it would have been fine as a summer garden tent) to a friend and her young daughter, signed up to the St Michael's Midnight Walk in September and donated to their Sunflower appeal in memory of my Mum, cleaned and shopped for Aunty Betty (nothing new there but I did it so it counts!) and took her some 'spare' shopping I had.

I can't think of anything else at the moment (I really must try to somehow keep track of the monthly challenges as the month progresses!) so that'll have to do!

I did rescue the camping trip though (well remembered Orange!)! Having spent the time and effort to lug the tent and a reel hose into town and back to re-waterproof the tent before our trip to Wales in anticipated inclement weather we were somewhat disappointed to find it leaked (right at the top and over the sleeping bag!) in the heavy downpours we were subjected to!  Despite John's protests I'd taken our waterproof picnic blanket which I then had the genius idea of using as a shield between the inner and outer tents (cue rousing heroic theme music). Admittedly it was John who did all the work (in the rain) but we'd have both been very wet if it hadn't been for my idea!














No comments:

Post a Comment